Saturday, December 29, 2007

Life’s Choices

THE optimist says life is about choices.

The best part is, you get to choose how you want to live your life.

You choose how you react to situations;

You choose how people affect your mood;

You choose to be in a good mood or bad mood.

Too bad I’m not an optimist.

The pessimist in me finds it hard to make a choice.

I don’t see things as black or white, only grey.

Sometimes, it doesn’t even matter if I choose this or that - I will end up losing both.

That’s when I turn to God and ask why He’s testing me again.

All I want is a life that’s the same as what many others live.

But I think He’s got other ideas and He’s not telling me.

Whatever it is, I’m tired of all these hurdles along the way.

I don’t know how I’m going to cross this one.

And if I do cross it, what awaits me on the other side?

The optimist will tell me it’s something better.

But the pessimist in me will ask: “Since when was it ever better?”